Wolvic 1.4.2 Released
It’s that time: welcome to the second minor release of the Wolvic 1.4.x series. This release includes bug fixes, small but noticeable UI improvements, and enhanced stability.
Starting with this version, downloaded files will be stored in the device’s public Downloads folder. Previously, they had been stored in an app-specific folder, with its own interface and so on, which we admit was a bit clumsy and too app-specific. This change makes Wolvic more useful and convenient, as it places any files downloaded by Wolvic in with all downloads, which follows the generally expected behaviour of a Web browser. It also means users don’t have deal with a special process to copy files from Wolvic’s downloads to the general downloads folder, as was the case before.
We’re continuing to make hand tracking detection more reliable. Furthermore, the code that tracks gestures has been refactored to greatly reduce the unintended triggering of gestures and to give us a more flexible foundation going forward. We have also fixed a bug in the Lynx R1 where the controllers were not visible while visiting an immersive WebXR experience, and another where the left hand gesture was not triggering the Menu button.
In the realm of other input channels, the keyboard’s layout will follow the system’s language by default, unless the user changes their preferred language and/or layout within Wolvic. Also, search suggestions in the URL bar will no longer omit some characters.
As ever, if you’ve found a problem or have another issue, please send us your feedback or, if you prefer, file an issue on GitHub.
- PR #722 Fix
assert()on Mac compilation
- PR #767 Right palm gestures to exit Wolvic
- PR #769 [OpenXR] Invert the logic of detecting hand tracking detection
- PR #773 Fix build with JDK 17
- PR #793 Reduce the size of PNGs with pngquant
- PR #794 Gracefully handle
SocketTimeout whenMLS not available
- PR #812 Fix deprecated
- PR #813 Introducing the GestureManager
- PR #828 Fix warnings in PlatformActivity
- PR #829 Initial flow for mainland China
- PR #834 Use the OculusTouch3 controllers for WebXR session in Lynx R1
- PR #836 Define the "mainlandChina" store flavour
- PR #837 Fix duplicated toolbars in phone UI
- PR #838 Fix keyboard icon displaying
- PR #840 Avoid collecting Wifi related data without user consent
- PR #842 Fix left hand action button on Lynx
- PR #844 Implement POST resubmission confirmation
- PR #851 [OpenXR] Add support for
- PR #852 Fix several issues related to Download List
- PR #853 Use left alignment for the download Confirmation Dialog
- PR #855 Make keyboard follow the system locale if never manual select
- PR #866 Remove overlay extension support for Pico
- PR #873 Disable hand tracking extension in Lenovo VRX
- PR #876 Meta store fixes
- PR #878 Fix to keep the selected options for
- PR #880 Use
getNonAutocompleteTextto fix awesomebar
- PR #885 Fix Language change issues when change language in Wolvic
- PR #894 Add support for